Lighthouse Labs is looking to welcome a Learning Experience Designer to help scale our next stage of growth as we expand into new markets, increase our offerings and diversify our education programs! This role reports directly into the Director, Learning Product and will work directly within our product team to build new learning products, and refine our existing learning products for various audiences. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to play a major role in leading the way in training up the Canadian workforce for the future of work!
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct needs analysis and design activities, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with members of the product development team (including SMEs, content developers and other applicable stakeholders), to design and develop learning products that are aligned to our education philosophy; including evaluation components.
- Implement revisions for learning products based on product development, SME and/or technical writer, and client feedback.
- Act as project leader in managing learning experience design, development, and implementation including coordinating logistics, scheduling, and delivery.
- Provide support in delivery of and use of learning programs to mentors, instructors, and other contractors where applicable.
- Research learning and development best practices in the areas of program design, delivery and evaluation as they pertain to technical skills upskilling and reskilling and contribute to LHL’s learning design approaches
- Champion a learner-focused approach (in addition to usability and accessibility) to learning and product design, to deepen and enhance outcomes and learner satisfaction;
- Cultivate and contribute to a collaborative and innovative working environment.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, designing learning experiences for both synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of learning authoring tools and learning management systems.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, implementing and measuring effectiveness of adult learning principles and pedagogy.
- Problem solving skills including analysis of information (i.e., project design requirements, description of problems, etc.); providing others with alternatives to problems.
- Relationship development skills include effectively and efficiently responding to inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs and building collaborative dynamics.
- Project management skills including preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; understanding and applying principles of project control; ability to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and deliverables.
Why you’ll like the job:
What we offer:
- Fast-paced culture focused on continuous learning and growth
- 4 WEEKS PTO! (15 vacation days, 5 personal days)
- Unlimited sick days
- A remote working budget to get your home office up and running
- A learning fund to support professional development
- Flexible working hours
- 100% employer-paid health benefits
Lighthouse Labs was founded in 2013 with the mission to effectively and efficiently prepare the workforce with the analytical and technical skills necessary to succeed in a world of automation. With an initial focus on our open-enrolment developer bootcamp, we have grown into a leading provider of professional education services, delivering outstanding educational outcomes for our students. Our secret? Innovative curriculum, proprietary ed-tech, unique mentorship and career services and partnerships with government and industry leading organizations. We’re a bunch of quirky, inclusive and smart people who are changing lives by reimagining education - join us!
Lighthouse Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All positions at this time are remote, and we welcome all applicants. Feel free to ask us about other perks of working at Lighthouse Labs!